Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Packing, Packing, Packing!


As I am waist high in boxes and headaches in my house, I can't help but think about Tim, Martina and the kids, who are already at our destination. I so wish we were there picking berries and getting settled, instead of going through my house and wondering if I need this item or that. The kids keep asking how much longer, as no doubt this has been dragging out for them too. Everything has to fit on this load, as we are not coming back for more. It looks like we should be okay for room. Here is a picture of our last load, this one will pretty much be the same with of course the truck box full both times!

So right now I am making sure that the camera cards are empty, my ipod has everything I need, the kids have clothes that they can grow into for the seasons, and of course, all our tax info for when that season hits too.

Anyway, I had better get back at it.

4 comments:

  1. You must be just frazzled. The picture makes it look like you are taking a granary as well! ?? Hope everything goes smoothly. Have a great trip. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventure.
    Love
    Auntie Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, I know you don't know me very well and I am a sister of Paul's mom. I was very interested to see where you are going and the reason for that is because, many years ago when Patrick, my son, was working and living in Mackenzie he spent alot of time in that neck of the woods (Manson's Landing, Germanssun) being an intervenor between the company he was working for and the people who live up there. Of course he was there to try to convince them of the benefits of logging certain areas. Anyway, it's interesting that you are now heading up there to live for some time. I admire all of you for making this choice for yourselves and your children and getting out of the rat race. I wish you tons of luck and enjoyment as I am sure it will be an educational expereince both for you and your children. I will follow your adventure with keen interest.

    Be well, happy, joyous and freeeeeeeeeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michaud Family...Hopefully you had a safe trip and all went well on the trip up. Awaiting more news once you settle in.

    Greg & Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, Hope your trip was safe and uneventful. Miss you already and can't wait to try out Skype! Love Mom and Dad T

    ReplyDelete