Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Water!

We had a good downpour for a while last night and then a steady rain for the rest of the night, our first for the spring.  It was so relaxing to sleep to the sound of rain on a tin roof.  This morning the air was damp and calm.  I could hear the roar of Olson creek across the lake, and as I went to town for mail, you could see the effects of the rain on each swollen creek and river we came too.  After we spent the afternoon in the valley we came home to more water at home.  Yes, our water in the cabin is thawed! Yahoo!  We had left the tap on in the tub, and when Sasha came around the cabin she saw it draining outside(like it is supposed too).  She came running and told me but I had to check for myself, because the little stinker has fooled me before by running out of the cabin and telling me she saw the tap dripping.  This was no drip today, the tub drain could not keep up.  We figure that we have 40lbs of pressure when the creek is lower later in the summer, so right now with the runoff and rain, who knows what it's at. 
I have been very much enjoying the lake now that it is thawed.  We have been having such beautiful weather that most mornings the lake is like glass.  The reflection is absolutely gorgeous.  Having your morning coffee outside looking at that and listening to all the birds is something I will sure miss.  Don't know yet how I will say goodbye to all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment